Monday, February 8, 2010

Tangy Avocado Dressing

"Find me a man who's interesting enough to have dinner with and I'll be happy"

At the end of the day...take time to sit down to dinner with the ones you love...talk, laugh and enjoy the moments...

As you know...I love to cook!
Therefore I am going to share quite a few recipes that are new and different...my goal this year was to try out at least one new recipe each week.  Some may turn out...some may not.  I will only share the ones that are yummy!

Tangy Avocado Dressing
Recipe #2 from cookbook author - Rick Bayless...
from my new cookbook entitled:   "Mexican Everyday"

This creamy dressing is good tossed with crunchy greens...like romaine.  It's luxurious drizzled over - or used as a dip for raw vegetables.    

1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup mayo
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 avocado (pitted and flesh scooped out)
cilantro (about 1/2 cup)
3/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
I added a touch of ground pepper.

Page and I enjoyed this very much!!!  We had a romaine salad and this yummy dressing chilled...it was really tasty!  Such a big difference than the bland store bought!!!

enjoy!


1 comment: