Monday, January 25, 2010

Hobbies that inspire...





This past year I decided that I would try out some new "hobbies". I have always considered myself an art lover. In college...I minored in art...and loved the great feeling of completing oil paintings, watercolor paintings, drawings, and even basket making (that is an actual class)! So, I wanted to feel that feeling again...and decided that I would take some art classes here locally! It was great! It inspired me to try some new things...I have worked on some abstract paintings...and I have bought a camera to try out my picture taking skills! Fun!!! This is a photo of a tree at Page's grandfather's farm. We spent many evenings out there this year for some bird hunting...and amateur photo sessions! Abby and Sadie (our German Shorthair Pointers) were fun "subjects"...but they were quick! I missed many shots because of their speed...but that is part of the fun I suppose! The camera I bought is actually a 35mm camera (bought on e-bay)...so this has been quite a challenge. I have read some books, ruined numerous rolls of film... and I have finally taken some pictures worthy of sharing with someone. They aren't great...but it's a start!


No comments:

Post a Comment